The EZ Huber® is a safety Needle for puncturing implanted port systems. A safety mechanism reduces the risk of being injured by the needle and protects users from infection.
Patented safety mechanism – The patented EZ Huber™ safety mechanism reduces the risk of needlestick injuries and provides protection against infection. The safety mechanism is activated automatically when the cannula is extracted. An audible click indicates that the cannula is safely locked inside the housing. The EZ Huber™ meets the requirements of the TRBA 250 for security products. *
Unique protective sheath – The unique, patented sheath completely covers the cannula when it is withdrawn from the port and, after usage, affords protection against contact with bodily fluids and germs. The protective sheath effectively prevents the risk of cross-contamination.
Biocompatible material – The use of extra biocompatible materials – containing no latex or DEHP – affords the patient additional protection. Infusion of aggressive medication without material damage is still possible.
* TRBA 250: German technical regulations governing biological working materials in health care and welfare work.
- The EZ Huber™ is suitable for high-pressure injection procedures involving (not version SHNxx-60) pressures up to 21 bar / 300 psi, when administering a contrast medium, for example, during computer tomography examinations (only in combination with an appropriate port system, such as T-Port Contrast developed by pfm medical ag).
- The EZ Huber™’s retaining wings provide a good grip to ensure convenient puncturing procedures and easy removal of the cannula.
- The configuration of the retaining wings and the transparent base make it possible to conduct a visual inspection of the injection point to detect any signs of infection in good time.
- The ring-shaped foam padding prevents the patient suffering pressure marks or skin irritation.
- The design of the EZ Huber™ features a very flat construction which provides a good fit and more comfort for the patient.
- The moveable base can compensate for any length tolerances and stabilise the cannula during use.
- It may be possible to dispense with the need for an underlay/compress. Please refer to the relevant internal regulations that apply.
- The EZ Huber™’s simple mode of operation does not require any changes in the usual routine with respect to the use of port cannulas.
- The EZ Huber™ with Y-formation allows additional medication to be administered without interrupting an infusion in progress.
Bard Access System, Inc.
605 North 5600 West
Salt Lake City, UT 84116 USA
Ordering Information –
|Ref –||Version –||Colour Code –||Size –||PU –|
|SHG19-100Y||Extension with Y-Site||Brown||19Gx25mm||25|
|SHG19-150Y||Extension with Y-Site||Brown||19Gx38mm||25|
|SHG19-75Y||Extension with Y-Site||Brown||19Gx19mm||25|
|SHG20-100Y||Extension with Y-Site||Yellow||20Gx25mm||25|
|SHG20-150Y||Extension with Y-Site||Yellow||20Gx38mm||25|
|SHG20-75Y||Extension with Y-Site||Yellow||20Gx19mm||25|
|SHG22-100Y||Extension with Y-Site||Black||22Gx25mm||25|
|SHG22-150Y||Extension with Y-Site||Black||22Gx38mm||25|
|SHG22-75Y||Extension with Y-Site||Black||22Gx19mm||25|
Version SHNxx-60 is not suitable for high-pressure injection procedures.